The Product Manager will be developing web applications and tools with the Enable Community Foundation (ECF) to support the e-NABLE’s makers and prosthetic recipients. You’ll be designing products for a passionate and enthusiastic community of makers from around the globe who are working to leverage CAD design and 3D printing technology to help those with limb differences.
In this role you’ll be:
- Leading the requirements gathering for various product initiatives, including:
- LimbForge – a tool to simplify sizing and STL file generation for prosthetic hands
- Enable.me web portal: the main gateway to both the e-NABLE community and the ECF. The portal will host LimbForge as well as detailed resources for all of the Community’s volunteers and prospective device users. a landing page to aggregate our inbound requests, design community, news and updates, etc…
- Integrating LimbForge and the Portal with user profiles to enable automation of the device recipient matching with local fabricators and improved case tracking.
- Collaborating with and managing a small engineering team to successfully execute web and web app development projects.
- Facilitating requirements gathering sessions and documenting scope and product development phases
- Uncovering other opportunities to help e-NABLE scale, innovate, and ultimately reach more people in need with higher quality prosthetics
- Node/Ruby on Rails/Python/Django
- MongoDB or mySQL
- Able to help architect a solution with an engineering lead
- Front-end and back-end experience
- Familiarity with databases
- HTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of user and context driven design
- Has strong product and user intuition
- Experience working with distributed or outsourced teams
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience taking a web product from concept to launch
- Experience with wireframing and rapid prototyping
- Strong project management skills
- Salesforce engineering/development would be a big plus
- Familiarity with the maker community or hardware design
- Familiarity with 3D files and related concepts and operations
- Familiarity with CAD
- Familiarity with SalesForce Administration
- e-NABLE is an online community and as such, you’ll often be working with team members around the country. Occasional travel might be required (<10%).
Send you cover letter and resume to: [email protected]