Many of e-NABLE’s designs require a collection of parts that aren’t currently 3D-printable. Below are some sources of hardware, cabling, and medical grade materials that are used in many of the designs
e-NABLEr Jeremy Simon has put together a comprehensive hardware kit that includes everything necessary to assemble a Cyborg Beast (except the 3D printed parts). We highly recommend this option as it is the easiest and fastest way to gather all necessary parts for a Cyborg Beast. Additionally, please consider donating a kit to somebody in need!
Also know as interscrews, binding screws, book screws, and menu screws.
- RS Book Binders has been identified as a source of Chicago screws for those outside the US.
- UK Pattern Book Fasteners is another European supplier of Chicago screws.
- eBay carries a variety of Chicago screws.
- Chicagoscrews.com has a large variety of Chicago screws.
- Amazon carries Chicago screws.
- 2mm elastic line is available from Hobby Lobby.
- Braided fishing line from Sears.
- Nylon lift cord from Amazon.
- Dyneema braiding fishing line from Amazon.
- Shade lift cord available from Amazon.
- Sammons Preston medical grade orthoplast thermoformable plastic sheets are available on Amazon.
- Roylan Orthoplast is available from Patterson Medical.
- Firm foam padding is available from Patterson Medical.
- Sammons Preston Rolyan Aquaplast Sample Pack, typically available on Amazon, currently not available.
- Aquaplast Watercolors Splinting Material Single Sheet, Solid, Electric Blue, 1/8″ x 18″ x 24″, available on Amazon.
- AliPlast 6A, 1/8 x 24 x 29 inch sheet, White, available on Amazon.
- AliMed Multiform, 24 x 36 x 1/8 inch perforated sheet, available on Amazon.
- Aquaplast Watercolors Ped’s Pac “A”, available on Amazon.
- Nylon Velcro Strip is available on Amazon.
Used for securing tendon and elastic lines to the ends of the fingertips in the Cyborg Beast.
- Beader’s Paradise beads from Amazon.